We recognise the challenges many people face when raising funds to attend international conferences. Here you will find information about bursaries, grants and other forms of financial support from the WCP2023 Committee and other organisations.
Support from your university, employer or local pharmacology society
We strongly encourage you to contact your university, employer and/or your local pharmacology society to ask if they offer a grant, bursary, award or other financial support to help you attend conferences. Many offer travel grants that can help cover the cost of your travel.
- American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET) Travel Award
- British Pharmacological Society Travel Bursary
- Swiss Society of Pharmacology and Toxicology Travel Grant (also available to Master students, PhD students and postdocs who are Swiss Society of Experimental Pharmacology (SSEP) members.)
*Please read the individual terms and conditions of each grant/award/bursary – many require you to have already been a member for a certain time period.
Support from WCP2023
For abstract submitters
The WCP2023 Travel Bursary will provide partial travel support for a minimum of fifty postgraduate students and early career researchers (ECRs) from lower- and middle-income countries who intend to be the sole presenter if their abstract or late-breaking abstract is accepted. The bursary will cover early bird registration, as well as up to 75% of travel and accommodation costs, with a maximum individual award of £750.
Find out more and apply for the bursary by 14 February 2023.
Find out how you can support ECRs by donating to the WCP2023 ECR fund.
Early bird registration is available until 31 March 2023 – you could save nearly 40% on tickets. Special rates are also available to members of IUPHAR member societies.
If your primary residence is a low-income country, as defined by the World Bank (scroll down to ‘Low-Income Economies’ for the full list), you may be eligible for an extra discount on registration. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com
You may also be interested in:
- Register now – early bird deadline 31 March 2023
- View the programme
- Book your accommodation
- Plan your travel
- Explore Scotland, discover Glagow
- Register for satellite meetings
- Find out about exhibition and sponsorship opportunities